Thursday, July 23, 2009

Going Raw: Day Four (and feeling empowered)

Despite this itchy rash on my arm and awful coughing and phlegm that I won't go into detail about, I feel amazing!

This is day four and for the first time I feel like I can do this! I can tackle this mission and I can be happy and healthy and I can succeed.

I don't know if it's all of the blogs and books I've been reading but since I've started eating raw, I've been a nervous wreck and today...I feel like everything is going to be okay, I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, I can see myself getting better and better and I can envision myself being a pro at this lifestyle.

Please keep in mind, I am usually NEVER this cheery. I hate pep and anything that goes along with it, I'm a realist. So it is highly unusual for me to be this elated given that my results haven't even started to show! I don't want to think about that though. I want to be happy in this moment and not worry about whether I'm losing weight or eating too much.

For the first time I'm taking the time to listen to my body and understand what it is telling me. I'm trying to learn the language and really give it what it needs. And now, I've started reading up on food combining and it's a highly intimidating subject but what I've come to realize the two big rules are (and a big thank you to Gena for this) don't mix starches with proteins and don't eat fruit after a bigger meal. For right now, I think I have enough on my plate that food combining isn't the biggest worry I have so I won't even focus too much on it. But if I have to follow some rules down the line, I'll make them as simple as I can. I will still have my green smoothies in the morning and I will focus on making my meals centered around mainly greens with everything else simply as a side and no desserts (i.e. fruits) after my main meal unless my body is actually telling me to and I'm not just bored or accustomed to doing it.

I am still trying to focus on just doing this one day at a time and not looking too far down the road and today, I'm choosing to eat raw and obey my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment