Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Going Raw: Day 24

This has not been my week so far. Yesterday, I discovered what that odd pain was when I scratched my lip...it was a canker sore right under my lip. I've never had one and boy is this on unpleasant...found out that it occurs in people with a vitamin B12, folate and iron deficiencies. I was already low on iron but I'm sure that eating only raw food exacerbated the issue by lowering my B12 amounts as well. "Oh well," I thought "I'll just suck this up, it could be worse." And the Universe didn't disappoint. This morning I woke up with my left eye swollen half shut! I went to bed and it was fine and then this morning something felt a little funny so I looked in the mirror and BAM! There's my eye, all swollen and ugly looking. I couldn't even put make-up on...I feel so naked in my glasses and no make-up. It's so uncomfortable and I have no idea what it could be from! Going to see my optometrist this afternoon. I'm still not 100% certain that this is an eye doctor problem or a physician problem (or just Rita being paranoid) but we'll start with my eye doctor since I had to go anyway.
On the bright side. I didn't eat dessert yesterday like I told myself I wouldn't and this morning I woke up and felt pretty decent (except for the eye thing). I definitely wasn't bloated, in fact from yesterday morning I lost a 1/2 inch off of my waist and another 1/2 inch off of my hips! This from just not eating banana soft serve right after dinner?! I'm amazed. It definitely makes me want to keep not eating desserts after dinner unless I actually need it. For right now, I think I'm going to limit my heavier desserts (anything that requires more preparation than washing) to three times a week maximum. I did end up having a few cherries last night, a plum and an apricot right before bed. But this was about two hours or so after I ate dinner...thus giving myself enough time to digest the heavier foods.

So I've ultimately decided to make a "rule" list for myself. Not "rules" per-se but just some guidelines to keep me running at my optimum levels:
I will only eat desserts three times a week.
I will have one day of juice fasting per week (Sunday).
I will distract myself until I am truly hungry, not just bored, on weekends.
I will work out at least four days a week in addition to walking at least 45 minutes a day with Finn.

I think that's about all that I can handle for the time being. It's a good place to start if anything. Personally, I'm even baffled by my choice to do a weekly juice fast...I never thought that I would want to do a cleanse at all. Maybe I'll even work myself up to longer fasting periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment