Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Raw: Day 16

Well it's been an unusually slow day for me...not that I'm complaining. There have been no crises but nothing exciting is happening either except for the weather finally cooling down.

I gave the sweet and sour sauce another shot last night and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was...neither was the dressing. I think maybe both of them just needed some time to sit. I did have to add more salt to the sweet n' sour sauce though.

See, I actually like week days because I have a schedule and that keeps me organized and from eating when I shouldn't be. I get home, take Finn to the dog park until 6:00 and then when I get home around 6:15 I have some dinner and make my banana soft serve and chocolate sauce for dessert and after that, I'm pretty much done for the most part. I've been trying to keep the variety of fruit to a minimum in the house. That's definitely been helpful in not noshing after I've had dinner and dessert because I know that everything in the fridge has a purpose and I shouldn't deplete my supply before the week is over. I sound like I'm talking about living in a bomb-shelter...I just really hate shopping during the week.

What I do need to pick up again is exercising. It's ironic...I think I worked out more when I didn't have a gym available to me for use 24 hours a day for free. I've found that I just prefer to pop in a work-out DVD and do that for half an hour. It used to be because I didn't have a gym...and now it's because I have a dog that goes ballistic every time I leave the house for anything but work!

Whatever I figure out though, I really do have to get back into the habit of working out...walking an hour or so a day is great but I'm pretty sure I need more. I would like to get rid of this flab I've been collecting for some time.

Not to mention, I think with all the walking, I'm getting enough cardio...I just have to work on weight and resistance training...both of which I can do in the comfort of my own home...but we'll see. Maybe one of these days, I'll make it down to the gym.

BTW: That's my puppy, Finn.

No comments:

Post a Comment