Monday, August 10, 2009

Going Raw: Day 22

Well this past weekend was a wash-out. Since my friend was in town, on Friday I had to say bye which, oddly enough, involved me driving out to Renton to a bar. I had a drink but didn't think anything of it. Then we decided to go to The Rock where I had a salad and caved and had some bread and a jell-o shot that came in a nifty syringe (pictures to come)...oh well. The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent the same way my pre-raw weekends were spent, especially when I had been drinking. I ate too much, did too little and the consequences were definitely evident. My face on Saturday night was puffy and I just didn't feel alive the way I had...I felt weighed down. To make things worse, I caved and had a cigarette on Saturday night with my sister...now I remember why I quit: it tasted awful. Basically, I was just not in control of myself at all this weekend. I did what I craved without so much as a second thought. And while I'm disappointed in myself, I'm proud of myself at the same time because for the first time ever, I'm not beating myself up for my mistakes; it's Monday and I'm back on schedule and eating raw and healthy again. Less dessert (i.e. chocolate) and I'm saving the Larabar in my cupboard for Friday when our bi-weekly breakfast treats show up at work and I'm tempted by the evil muffins, bagels and cinnamon rolls. Overall it may not have been the healthiest weekend but it's in the past. I'll just have to do my best this next weekend...which will be hard as well since it's my friend's birthday on Saturday. *Sigh* This has to be some kind of a test of my determination.

I did to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on Saturday and WOW! It was amazing...the best of the bunch by far...I actually cried! And the music score for the movie was to die for so I bought the soundtrack and listened to it all night. Just a great experience overall. I highly recommend everyone go see it...it will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment