Friday, September 4, 2009

The Culprit!

It was definitely the raw hummus. As delicious as it was, it was definitely the reason behind my digestion issues this week. I don't know if it was the ton of (badly processed) sesame seeds or some weird combination, but it definitely did not sit well with me. Which is too bad...I think I'll try it without the extra sesame seeds and see how that turns out, after all, I've had tahini with no problems...I'll make a small batch though.

I'm so just grateful for hot yoga this week, it has been amazing for my stomach. Yesterday did nearly kill me though...for some reason I was just stiff as a board and had no balance whatsoever! Still made it through and am happy I went. Next week will probably be my last week in yoga however =*( since my coupon is running out and I need to conserve as much money as possible in the next month or so since I'm quitting my job to go back to school.

Thankfully, I've got a back-up plan as far as maintaining my fitness. I got inspired by Courtney who is doing the P90X program and I was considering getting it until I saw an infomercial (yes, an infomercial, save your judgements) for the Insanity DVDs. It's not as long but looks just as tough and the results seem to be pretty substantial. The program arrived in a five pound box yesterday and the DVDs are in a case that is meant to look like a book (kind of nifty actually). I will start on Monday with the fitness test...apparently even the test is supposed to kick your behind but I'm not deterred. Terrified of all the warnings that come on the box but I'm determined to get through it and to be proud of myself and my body for keeping up. I want to look my best and obviously, feel my best and I know that won't happen until I get serious about working out and shape up. I guess I should take some of the dreaded "before" photos this weekend.

So despite my stomach problems in the past week and a half, I still somehow managed to lose another two pounds this week! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale: I was certain that I would have gained back some of the weight that the flu helped me lose. I don't even know how I did it, I was worried that I was eating pretty badly this week. That just goes to show you that you don't have to consciously be on a diet or counting calories and points to lose weight...you just do your best and try to give your body what it needs.

I've also found that my OCD is starting to get better and that I'm not as dead-set on perfection like I usually am on a diet. This feels so much more natural because I'm not restricting myself and I'm learning not to over-analyze everything I'm doing. Even if I do succumb to the occasional call of the Larabar, it's not the end of the world; it could be a lot worse...


...it could have been Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment